iOS 10 beta 1 download links are available. Those who are registered on Apple developer program can download iOS 10 beta 1 to install on all compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices including iPhone SE, iPhone 6s plus and iPhone 6s. iOS 10 is the apple’s next generation mobile operating system software update for apple devices, introducing a number of notable features and some changes. iOS 10 beta 1 is still only for developer, public beta testers will be able to download in July. According to rumors, final version of iOS 10 set for release in September this year.
The following step guide will support you to download and install iOS 10 beta 1 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. To make sure that your device is compatible with iOS 10 or not, please check my next section.
iOS 10 beta 1 compatible iOS devices
Before install iOS 10 beta on your device, it is important to note that this is a very earlier beta version which prone to some bugs and issues. So still it is not advisable to install on primary devices. Therefore install iOS 10 beta only on test devices. Here is the device list that can run on iOS 10.
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s plus
- 9-inch iPad Pro
- 7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad 4
- 6th generation iPod touch
If your idevice is listed above, then congratulations, you can install iOS 10 beta 1. If your device is not listed, it is better to avoid installing the new beta.
How to download and install iOS 10 beta 1
You should make a complete backup of your device using iTunes or iCloud, before installing iOS 10 on it.
- First to download iOS 10 beta 1, you need to enroll yourself into apple developer program at https://developer.apple.com/programs/. If you have already registered, then login to account section of Apple developer program using your apple ID.
- Now register your UDID. Find the UDID going to iTunes > Click the serial number to show the UDID. Now copy this number.
- Click on ‘certificates, identifiers & profiles’ from the main account section of the page and click ‘All’ from the devices section.
- Click ‘+” and the UDID of your device from right hand panel. Once the UDID has added, go to the Develop > Download section. You can find this page directly at https://developer.apple.com/programs/.
- Now select your device from drop down to begin downloading the required iTunes-restorable iOS 10.
- Make sure that iTunes installed on your windows PC. Once you are make sure, open iTunes and connect your idevice to the computer.
- To install the beta, windows user need to hold the Shift key and mac users need to hold Alt key and then click on ‘Restore iPhone…..’ button. iTunes will prompt you to install the IPSW firmware file. Select iOS 10 beta 1 that you downloaded earlier.
- Once installed iOS 10 beta 1, your device will reboot automatically and you will get Hello screen.
Hopefully, download iOS 10 beta 1 for public beta testers so soon.