Normally jailbroken iDevices are known for advanced changes, and theming is an unavoidable part there, but if you are a non jailbreaker or if you are sick of waiting for a jailbreak, do you have to remain without theming? Not at all, as iSkin is now available on your iDevice for advanced theming even without jailbreak. iSkin on iPhone can make you satisfied with theming if you are not yet allowed for tweaks. So check our complete note to get aware of iSkin theming and know how to play with iSkin on your non jailbroken iDevice.
iSkin Theming Solution on your non jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
As jailbreak seems bit silence in the scene, most Cydia lovers have disappointed. If the reason is theming for waiting for a compatible jailbreak, now you can end the wait as iSkin allows you advanced theming on your iDevice. It is a latest platform developed for theme lovers on non jailbroken devices, even it is not advanced like Cydia tweaks for theme changing, it comes with a super cool concept where you can apply themes on app icons of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 7 or later. It is easily accessible from your safari browser and it does not even replace your originals, so you can keep all you originals in a separate folder in your iDevice. iSkin adds shortcuts to your home screen where you are allowed to launch the app from the shortcut or web clip the link.
Select a theme with iSkin
- Step 1: Initially go to iSkin web page from your Safari browser
- Step 2: Then tap on “Browse all themes” and you will get a list of themes to select in respect to your personal preference
- Step 3: Select the theme
- Step 4: After that click on “Application icons”, and you will get a sector to select what apps you want to apply the theme from a list of apps in your iDevice
- Step 5: After that name the apps as you want by filling the text field right to them
- Step 6: Then tap “Install icons”
- Step 7: As installation is successfully done within few seconds, you will be asked to install a configuration profile, there tap on “Install” to continue
- Step 8: Follow the screen instructions and provide the passcode, once done tap on “Install” button in blue and then the red “Install” button
- Step 9: If you are successfully installed, confirm by tapping “Done”, and then you will be returned to Safari
- Step 10: After installing the theme pack you will be able to notice new themed app icons in your home screen with an eye-catching change
iSkin theming is easy, and it will make feel satisfied. But some users are not happy with the configuration profile we said in step 7, as it requires some details. So it is important to proceed it with your own risk. If you want to remove the profile it will be done by go to Settings > General > Profile, and then delete.
In addition to the app icons, there are wallpapers also included in theme packs, but you are not allowed to make changes in UI elements. Removing a theme is easier than getting a specific theme, in fact you only have to enter the jiggle mode and remove the icons by selecting. As once I mentioned, shortcuts with iSkin are web clip links, it is good in some cases but in most time it appears irritating as it directly go to the web interface instead of the app you want.
Even though iSkin is not advanced like jailbreak tweaks, it is with a desirable functioning. In fact it is a fair solution for theming. So ending the time worrying with jailbreak for theming, start work with iSkin without jailbreak, and do not forget to tell us about your experience with iSkin on your non jailbroken device.
Jailbreak Hopes in June
Even though there are number of ways saying Cydia install on iOS is possible, users are not allowed to cydia download from iOS 9.2 to later, as jailbreak is still missing in the chapters. As to the rumors without a long delay iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.3.2 jailbreak will release officially, so keep hopes and wait to grab more tweaks on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. But you do not have to worry with no jailbreak, as iSkin is now available for your iOS theming. So give it a try and share your experience with iSkin.