The pangu team has updated their tool making it possible to jailbreak all 64-bit iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices powered by iOS 9.1. Users can download Pangu for Mac latest version from Pangu’s official page. It is totally free for everyone. The process is similar to previous iOS 9 Pangu for Mac jailbreak mechanism. In this article, I show you how to jailbreak iOS 9.1 on Mac using Pangu jailbreak.
Pangu 9.1 for Mac Version Changelog
Pangu v1.3.0 – 2016.03.11
- Added support for iOS 9.1 iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices (64-bit only)
Pangu iOS 9.1 jailbreak on Mac supports iOS devices
As we can be seen from the changelog, the new Pangu for mac update only works on 64-bit devices which includes :
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s plus
- iPhone 6 plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5s
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad Pro
So it is not compatible for following iOS devices :
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPad mini
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 3
- 5th Generation iPod touch
How to set your iPhone/iPad/ iPod touch before jailbreak it
- Using iTunes or iCloud, take full device backup. When you something goes wrong, you can restore your idevice using backup.
- Temporarily Disable ‘Find my iPhone’ option on your iOS device. To do this go to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone > Turn off.
- Disable ‘Passcode or Touch ID’ option from Settings > General > Passcode or Touch ID > Turn off.
- Enable Airplane mode in your phone.
- Disable anti-virus program or firewall running on your iOS device.
- You need a Mac OS based computer and proper USB cable.
- Install latest iTunes version on your machine.
How to jailbreak iOS 9.1 on Mac – Step by Step Guide
Step 1 – Download Pangu v1.3.1, the latest Pangu jailbreak tool
Step 2 – Connect your iOS device to Mac using USB cable
Step 3 – Double click on the Pangu9 dmg file to show the Pangu9. app
Step 4 – Right click on the Pangu9. app and select ‘Open from the menu’ and next tap on ‘Open’ to confirm it
Step 5 – Next you will get basic details and status of your device. Click on ‘Start’ to begin the process
Step 6 – Now you will see a ‘Jailbreak Notice’ window. Read it carefully and click on the ‘Already backup’ button
Step 7 – Pangu jailbreak progress bar is now running on your screen displaying a status of progress. Do not plug out your device at this moment
Step 8 – Pangu will ask to give permission to access your photo library. This is important step in this mechanism. So accept this request
Step 9 – Taking few minutes, Pangu will complete the process and your device will reboot automatically
Video Tutorial for jailbreak iOS 9.1 on Mac
Jailbreak iOS 9.1 on mac process is finished successfully. Now you have jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with cydia. You can enable all temporarily disabled Find my iPhone, passcode or touch ID and anti-virus program.